Basis for digitalization in medicine
Customer: Spital Thurgau AG, Münsterlingen, canton of Thurgau
Project: Renewal of the network and IT infrastructure in two data centers and at the hospital sites, 2014-2015.
Application: Data center, IT and building networks for healthcare, Cat. 6A ISO copper cabling, multimode and singlemode FO cabling with LC and MPO connection solutions, high density patch panels
The cantonal hospital in Münsterlingen wants to continue fulfilling its tasks in providing medical care for the people of Thurgau in the best possible way in future. The aim was to create the basis for the digitalization of cantonal healthcare provision. This is why healthcare provider Spital Thurgau AG planned on renewing and extending the IT and network technology at different sites and in two data centers.
In the future, medical data is only to be transferred electronically. Databases and telemedical services are to be integrated in the network, as are building mater control systems, video surveillance and access control.
Spital Thurgau AG chose R&M as supplier for the passive network infrastructure. The reasons were:
- the holistic system solution tailored to customer requirements
- the quality of the products
- the existing, successful collaboration
- R&M’s expertise and references in healthcare cabling technology
R&M also developed an intelligent overall concept for the installation project:
- All the passive components within the racks were defined precisely to the exact height unit and pre-installed at the R&M factory. That reduced the costs of packaging and transport.
- The concept enabled fast implementation of the network components and reduced typical risks.
- R&M took the measurements in formal acceptance procedures as the basis for the 25-year system warranty the customer required.
The project was implemented quickly within a timeframe of 1.5 years – from planning to the actual commissioning of the new data centers. Fabian Stritmatter from installation partner Ellenbroek Hugentobler AG concludes: “A fantastic project during which we were able to gain new experience and grow our expertise.”
Leo Welter, project lead for building services at thurmed Immobilien AG (a company of the Spital Thurgau AG): “R&M has been a top-class supplier and an important contact for us for years now. Thanks to the intelligent overall concept that R&M presented to us in the planning phase, we were able to save lots of time, expense and effort.”
Help us improve. Send your feedback and suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org