Reconfigurable, Scalable, Fast
Customer: Beyond.pl Sp. z o.o., Poznań, Poland
Project: Data Center 2 plus LAN at the headquarters, 2016
Application: Data center with level-4 rating in accordance with ANSI/TIA-942. Multifunctional offer with cloud services, IT services, colocation, connectivity, disaster recovery.
Perfection is the highest goal of the innovative data center operator Beyond.pl, a company striving for market leadership in Poland. From the very outset, the site in Poznań was to produce at the highest security and efficiency levels (level-4 rating in accordance with ANSI/TIA-942, PUE 1.1 and PUE 1.4). Beyond.pl also defined strict standards for the infrastructure and connectivity of the carrier-neutral data center.
R&M fulfilled all conditions and embarked on the ambitious project together with B&K Power Division. Four fundamental criteria distinguish the cabling recommended by R&M:
- It guarantees the desired reconfigurability of the system.
- The passive infrastructure is fully scalable and easy to upgrade.
- The assembly solution facilitates fast installation. The FO trunks are delivered completely pre-terminated. On-site splicing is thus no longer necessary.
The customer was also impressed by further benefits offered by R&M which support long-term investment planning and an increase in performance:
- Automated infrastructure management: R&MinteliPhy can be implemented later during operation.
- Security: The three-level R&M security system is retrofittable.
- Modularity: Copper and FO cabling can be combined and mixed to suit all requirements in a single 1U 19’’ panel.
- High density: With the 48-port 1U HD panel, Beyond.pl accommodates a large number of copper ports on the valuable space.
Bartłomiej Danek, Vice President Beyond.pl, sums up the project:
“Data Center 2 is one of the most significant investments in our branch throughout Europe in recent times. Together with long-standing partners such as R&M, we have created an unrivaled infrastructure. We are pleased to have a global partner with such an impressive portfolio at our side.”
Help us improve. Send your feedback and suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org